Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hello Carbondale!

Thought I'd introduce myself on this blog, since I've been just lurking for a while. I have a number of blogs- some personal, some professional, some creative- and I'd like to invite you to visit all of them. You can start at CESL (SIUC), where I work & try to get international students to write about Carbondale and life around us. They've done some interesting things, for example on the violent deer incidents and the WalMart controversy. One thing that's good about them is that they're relatively objective and see Carbondale with a fresh view sometimes. I have a professional blog here and a creative/personal one here which you're welcome to visit.

I'd like to get more into Carbondale civic activity, but don't have much time. I vote, and do my best to read about it, and I commend you all for your involvement- I think talking & writing about it makes a big difference and if nothing else clarifies your ideas about what should be happening. Writing about things tends to make them happen sometimes, I've found, though not always- at least people recognize good ideas when they see them. So I'll try to find a few- I promise!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]